Friday 6 March 2009

Old Photo's / Postcards

Steering slightly away from Jewellery for the moment, I love the idea of involving old postcards and photographes into your Vintage wedding day.

So here are a couple of ideas...

I was looking for some old postcards on Ebay for a project I am doing and I stumbled accross some postcards of the church that I got married in.
This would be wonderful mounted and used to decorate the front of a a guestbook or photo album and at only 99p to purchase it an absolute bargin. The postcard could also be photcopied or scanned and printed onto card to be used as an lovely invitation people are sure to keep.














If a postcard isn't really your thing, or you cannot find a suitable one why not dig out your families old photographes and see if you have some old family wedding photo's to incorporate in your stationary or theme. This could also be a nice way to honour loved ones who cannot be there.


I used some old family wedding photographes that had been reprinted on sepia for my own wedding photoboard. The photo's were placed around the edge of the photoboard, and held in place with vintage hat pins and some old pieces of jewellery from my nan's collection. Dotted around the photo's were scrapbooking tags with words like...
....................................................................................................
* Absence makes the heart grow fonder - On a photo of absent friends
* It was only a matter of time - On a photo of my new husband and I when we were younger.
* Favourite things - On a photo of our son
........................................................................................................
When people were looking at the old photos and reminissing about bygone weddings it was a lovely moment.
..................................................................................................
Here is a close up of my three favourite pictures from the board. How wonderfully do they reflect weddings through the ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment