Friday 6 March 2009

Without Mystery, Magic Disappears

I had so much fun night last night, I sat and cleaned up all my new (but old) treasures. Each and every item is so unique and individual I wonder when and where they were made? And who had wore them before? With most I will never find out, so I will just have to use my imgination although I have been lucky enough to find out a short story about a couple of my lovely pieces...



Kristen: Before my Mum married in 1955 she attended many balls and dances, she wore elbow length mittens and these lovely earnings. She always kept them from these days, although never wore them again. She would get them out sometimes to show me.

"Without mystery, Magic disappears"
Cecil Beaton - Academy Award winning stage and costume designer.

No comments:

Post a Comment